- The first Startup Weekend Sherbrooke will happen on 15-17 November. This is a competition that takes place over a complete weekend, during which participants come up with a “start-up” IT company.
Solid Computer Science Education
We are active in a number of research areas, including theoretical computer science, formal software engineering, and image processing. Our MSc programme is very research intensive. We offer good opportunities for undergraduate students to be involved in cutting-edge research under USRA scholarships or similar. Several faculty are collaborating with fellow faculty from Université de Sherbrooke.
For our students
Together with Bishop's University we operate computer labs under different platforms (so one can pick and choose and also become familiar with them all). We offer support and encourage students to perform system administrator work on real machines. Our students have opportunities to work part-time with the ITS department during their studies. Many students receive financial support to attend conferences.
For our Francophones students — Pour nos étudiants francophones
A growing number of francophone students come to study Computer Science at Bishop's. Computer Science is a language that everyone understands and speaks! We all speak Java and C++ and do the same Math. Many of our faculty are bilingual, and by the end of their degree, all Francophone students are bilingual as well!
For our International prospective students
Over the years, we have had a large number of international students with limited command of the English language, who have been very successful in their studies, and have graduated with the highest awards and prizes on campus. Those who need help with their English can register in many ESL (English as a Second Language) courses while they take their Computer Science courses.
Did you know?
- New! Our students have access to UCOSP projects thus obtaining real experience by building a substantial software system as part of a team distributed all over Canada.
- Our co-op education program combines a student's academic program with integrated work experiences through full-time work terms and regular academic sessions. The work terms are designed to present the students with the opportunity to blend theory and practice and to gain work experience.
- We offer a research-intensive MSc program
- Many of our 100-level courses are for the general population - no prerequisites
- We are operating in a Liberal Arts environment: It is easy to combine other Majors (particularily Math and Physics) and Minors with your CS degree.