next up previous
Next: Lecture Notes Up: Computer Networks/Computer Networks and Previous: Course Outline

Subsections


Grading

An assignment is worth a strictly positive number n of tokens (to be established when the assignment is published). You can receive any number of tokens between 0 and n. Exceptionally good solutions will also receive 10% ``bonus'' marks. Assignments can be programmed using C, C++, or Haskell (sort of kidding on the last one :-)).

Some of the assignments can be solved in teams no larger than the stated maximum number. Whether teams are permitted (and what is the maximum size of a team) will be stated with each assignment handout.

You should expect to receive four assignments during the course, worth 2, 4, 4, and 10 tokens, respectively.

CSC 414

Grading will be based on a number of assignments and an open-book final examination. Exactly all the assignment tokens will contribute equally to 75% of your final grade for the course. The final examination will give you the remaining 25%. There will be no supplementary evaluations.

CSC 514

In addition to your undergraduate colleagues you are expected to prepare and present a research paper on a certain subject (to be established by your instructor in due course) related to the matter at hand.

Grading will then be based on a number of assignments, an open-book final examination, and a research paper. Exactly all the assignment tokens will contribute equally to 75% of your final grade, the final examination will give you 25%, and the research paper will give you another 25%. The grade thus obtained will then be converted to an equivalent grade out of 100. There will be no supplementary evaluations.

Special needs

Should you require special accommodations because of a disability, please come and discuss this with me at the beginning of the term. I will not take into consideration requests made on or after the day in which the first assignment is released. You must also contact the the Counselling Resource Centre to obtain authorization for any special arrangements.


next up previous
Next: Lecture Notes Up: Computer Networks/Computer Networks and Previous: Course Outline
Stefan Bruda 2012-04-28