Subsections


Grading

An assignment is worth a strictly positive number n of tokens (to be established when the assignment is handed out). You can receive any number of tokens between 0 and n. Exceptionally good solutions will also receive 10% “bonus” marks. Assignments can be programmed using C or C++.

Most (if not all the) assignments can be solved in teams. Whether teams are permitted (and what is the maximum size of a team) will be stated with each assignment handout.

Students enrolled in CS 464 should expect to receive four assignments during the course, worth 2, 4, 4, and 10 tokens, respectively. Students enrolled in CS 564 will receive one extra assignment which may be more theoretical in nature and is expected to be worth 3 tokens.

Grading will be based on assignments and a take-home final examination with a 24-hour turnaround time. Exactly all the assignment tokens will contribute equally to 80% of your final grade for the course. The final examination will give you the remaining 20%. There will be no supplementary evaluations.

Special needs

Should you require special accommodations because of a disability, please come and discuss this with me at the begining of the term. I will not take into consideration requests made on or after the day in which the first assignment is released. You must also contact the Student Accessibility & Accommodation Services to obtain authorization for any special arrangements.